The homemade Christmas gift ideas on this page make great personalized, inexpensive DIY Christmas gifts! You will find ...
1. Home Decor craft ideas (with year-round usability);2. Seasonal, Christmas craft freebies, including ...
2. Accordion-folded paper lantern craft idea: just fold-and-cut. Great craft to do with your kids, with lots of scope for inventing new patterns!
3. Make a paper lantern the easy way: download, cut out, glue, and light with an LED tea light. Why waste time? (These are excellent for Diwali celebrations as well!)
4. (and in the same vein), make paper lanterns f-a-s-t. All you need is printer paper, a pin/needle, some corrugated cardboard and a few lightweight bangles ... or some ribbon ... or some wire ... or a pretty paper strip ... the possibilities are endless, and you'll find lots of inspiration on the page.
5. Use small doilies around plastic cups to spread Christmas cheer in the neighborhood! (This is probably the most fiddly way of making paper lanterns that I've come up with so far, but these are small, cute homemade Christmas gift ideas. Also very popular as wedding table decorations!)Return to Top
The pictures here show three free homemade gift ideas that make great DIY Christmas gifts.
Right: There are many ways to personalize a plain, store-bought notebook into a unique Xmas gift. I've added a list of creative ideas for personalizing other items, too. These are lovely, unique & very inexpensive Christmas gifts to make.
Center: Making a silhouette is much easier than most people think, and one of the prettiest DIY christmas gifts you could make ... reserve for folks who really deserve it!
Left: Doorstops are probably the most off-the-wall of all my homemade Christmas gift ideas, but check out the page for ways to turn anything from antique clutch purses to a pound of pebbles into useful (and handsome) backdoor sentinels. You know, everyone needs a few doorstops. (They make great housewarming gifts, too.)Return to Top
Check out my collection of creative, homemade Christmas tree decorating ideas. They can be used ...
You'll find gilded walnuts, hand made Christmas tree balls, gingerbread decorations, free printable paper craft templates, and much more.
Next up, some recycled craft ideas: Turn small dessert glass jars into hand made Christmas gifts (or use them at home, with other Christmas lights and decorations). Click the link for 3 designs to choose from.
The little lights are best handed over in person (rather than sent) - they're a bit too delicate to pack off and mail. But they'll make lovely holiday craft gift ideas for a neighbor or two!
The Christmas window decorations (pictured left) can be enclosed in a Christmas card and sent in the post.
If you're looking for free Christmas crafts for kids, these very simple homemade Christmas gift ideas are a great place to start.
So download the five paper craft templates and start cutting! Before you know it, you'll be creating your own paper window star designs.
Print free Christmas cards - handmade cards are cheap homemade Christmas gifts by themselves. Or, use the instructions to get inspired with ideas for your own handmade Christmas card ideas!
The page offers three free downloads:
So don't just print free Christmas cards; personalize these printables, and turn them into Christmas menus, thank-you notes, newsletter covers ... have fun!Return to Top
My Mother's recipe for rum balls has been featured in a recent book, The Ultimate Christmas, (by HCI, publishers of the legendary Chicken Soup series)
Rum balls are super yummy homemade Christmas gift ideas, and you can 'dress them up' in a gazillion creative ways. Then, present them ...
Alternatively, if you're looking for Christmas gift basket ideas, check out my Ideas List for Tuscan Christmas food basket gifts (however, these are a mix of store-bought & homemade Christmas food gifts.)Return to Top